JOB TITLE: HR Manager
LOCATION: Preston, Lancashire
SALARY: £40,000 - £45,000 depending on experience
WORKING HOURS: 0900 - 1700 Monday to Friday - Maternity cover contract 9 - 12 months
We are looking for a HR Shared Service Manager to join our HR Team in Preston. Being part of Johnston Press you will be joining a leading multimedia publisher with more than 200 titles in print & online and our news brands include The LEP, The Scotsman, the Yorkshire Post and i, plus many more regional titles across the UK.
As the HR Shared Service Manager you will act as a subject matter expert and escalation point for complex and high risk ER casework and change activity, whilst looking to develop continuous improvement in HR Shared Service activities which support the Group.
To support you in your delivery, you will lead and develop a team of six, a mix of HR Advisors and HR Administrators and work as part of the senior HR Management team reporting into the Group HR Director.
Key Responsibilities of HR Manager in Preston:
Key aspects to the role will include:
- Manage a team of HR Advisors and Administrators to deliver a quality and professional service, in accordance with agreed SLA's, to JP Managers and Employees in all aspects of HR Shared Services activities.
- Manage continuous improvement of HR Services to improve productivity, effectiveness and customer experience.
- Ensure that all ER cases are executed in accordance with Company policies
- Ensure that change management proposals are executed in accordance with Company policies and procedures,
- Provide a role model for team members and coach, train and develop individuals to ensure they achieve the necessary standards and reach their maximum potential.
- Serve as an escalation point for complex employee relation issues and investigations by utilising strong negotiation, influencing, and conflict resolution skills .
- Identify and manage risk in order to provide pragmatic resolution and creative solutions to support the needs of the organisation
If you are interested in seeking a new opportunity and have the technical HR background to deliver an outstanding HR service we would like to hear from you. Please cick to apply