Student Technology Device Coordinator FLSA Status: Non-exempt
DEPARTMENT: Technology FT/PT: Full Time
REPORTS TO: Director of Technology
BASIC FUNCTION: Provide technology support for the district including
troubleshooting, training and user-support for student technology devices. This position requires continuous use of independent judgment. The essential functions as shown below represent only the key areas of responsibility.
1. Responsible for updates and organization of the Chrome device inventory.
2. Assess, troubleshoot and repair damaged Chrome devices and other technology devices.
3. Coordinate student repair desk at the high school.
4. Train students in proper repair techniques of Chrome devices.
5. Assist staff and students with deployment and collection of Chrome device inventory.
6. Assess and document Chrome device repair fees.
7. Provide recommendations on future student device purchases.
8. Work closely with other members of the Technology Department to assist in the successful
rollouts of projects.
9. Maintain accurate records of service status and resolution through the districts help desk system.
10. Serve as a resource for staff to consult in expanding technology usage.
11. Mentor staff on the effective use of available technology as requested/directed.
12. Develop training materials and procedures, and/or train users in the proper use of district
hardware and software.
13. Provide excellent customer service at all times.
14. Manage and track part order delivery and replacement.
15. Attend work on a prompt and regular basis.
16. Maintain satisfactory and harmonious working relationships with the public, students, and other employees.
17. Assist with other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Maintain a valid driver's license.
3. Demonstrated experience providing technical support.
4. Prior experience with software and peripherals.
5. Willingness to work overtime when requested.
6. Interpersonal skills that exhibit friendliness, tact, patience and courtesy.7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
8. Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
9. Must be flexible and adaptable to meet the daily requirements of the position.
10. Ability to work independently and in a team environment with accuracy and with
attention to detail.
11. Competency working in a culturally diverse environment or the willingness or acquire these skills.
1. Associate's degree or higher.
2. Google certified educator.
3. Comptia A+ certification.
4. Technical certifications.
5. Previous experience in technology support role for a school district.
The Marshalltown Community School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, sex,
national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identify,
disability, marital status or socioeconomic status. The district is an affirmative action/equal
employment opportunity employer Category: Technology , Keywords: Help Desk Specialist